Friday, February 12, 2010

first full week



"Sweet Caroline, bah bah bah..."
This week was quite more eventful than the last week for many reasons. First, everyone started their week of intensive italian for two hours a day, to try to expedite our understanding of the italian culture. Today, everyone took a quiz that determined which class they would be in for the rest of the semester. Second, on Tuesday's, an Irish bar called Scholar's hosts karaoke night, which of course my friends and I took advantage of. Dave Ferriero and I took the stage and sang 'Sweet Caroline' by Neil Diamond, which got the entire place going; definitely going to be a weekly occurrence. Third, today after my friends and I completed our quizzes, we made our way to the colosseum and walked around. As we were walking around, I spotted one of the more famous Ohio State athletes, A.J. Hawk, who played football and currently plays for the Green Bay Packers. No big deal. I wish I got a picture of him, but I didn't want to be too creepy, but I have a few witnesses. Lastly, this morning started with the entire city witnessing history, as we all watched snow cover the eternal city for six or so hours. The last time it snowed here was 1985, which is incredible because a majority of the people in the city were born after then. Well this weekend, I'll be experiencing my first big italian soccer match (AS Roma vs. Palermo), which I'll be posting about at the end of the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Darn! I knew we should have sent you an umbrella...you can't sing without one, can you?? :-)

    ReplyDelete